Views:28 Author:Ronsco Publish Time: 2021-04-16 Origin:Nickel Alloy Knwoledge
The yield strength of duplex stainless steel 2205 alloy is more than twice that of ordinary austenitic stainless steel. This feature enables designers to reduce weight when designing products, making this alloy more price-advantageous than 316 and 317L. This alloy is particularly suitable for the temperature range of -50°F/+600°F. For applications beyond this temperature range, this alloy can also be considered, but there are some limitations, especially when applied to welded structures.
duplex 2205 alloy square bar
Advantages of duplex stainless steel 2205 alloy
2205 stainless steel plate, 2205 stainless steel, duplex stainless steel 2205, 2205 stainless steel materials, are Swedish stainless steel grades.
The difference between duplex 2205 stainless steel plate and austenitic 304 stainless steel plate
1) The yield strength is more than twice that of ordinary austenitic stainless steel, and it has the necessary requirements for forming
Sufficient plasticity. The wall thickness of storage tanks or pressure vessels made of duplex stainless steel is 30-50% less than that of commonly used austenite, which is beneficial to reduce costs.
2) It has excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking. Even the duplex stainless steel with the lowest alloy content has higher resistance to stress corrosion cracking than austenitic stainless steel, especially in an environment containing chloride ions. Stress corrosion is a prominent problem that is difficult to solve for ordinary austenitic stainless steel.
3) The corrosion resistance of 2205 duplex stainless steel, which is most commonly used in many media, is better than that of ordinary 316L austenitic stainless steel, while super duplex stainless steel has extremely high corrosion resistance. In some media, such as acetic acid and formic acid It can even replace high-alloy austenitic stainless steel and even corrosion-resistant alloys.
4) It has good local corrosion resistance. Compared with austenitic stainless steel with the same alloy content, its wear corrosion resistance and fatigue corrosion resistance are better than austenitic stainless steel.
5) The coefficient of linear expansion is lower than that of austenitic stainless steel, which is close to that of carbon steel. It is suitable for connection with carbon steel and has important engineering significance, such as the production of composite plates or linings.
6) Whether under dynamic or static load conditions, it has a higher energy absorption capacity than austenitic stainless steel. This is for structural parts to cope with sudden accidents such as collisions and explosions. Duplex stainless steel has obvious advantages and has practical application value.
Disadvantages of duplex 2205 alloy
Compared with austenitic stainless steel, the disadvantages of duplex stainless steel are as follows:
1) The universality and versatility of application are not as good as austenitic stainless steel. For example, its service temperature must be controlled below 250 degrees Celsius.
2) Its plastic toughness is lower than that of austenitic stainless steel, and its cold and hot processing technology and forming performance are not as good as austenitic stainless steel.
3) There is a medium temperature brittle zone, and the process system of heat treatment and welding needs to be strictly controlled to avoid the appearance of harmful phases and damage performance.
The difference between duplex 2205 stainless steel plate and ferritic 410 stainless steel plate:
1) Comprehensive mechanical properties are better than ferritic stainless steel, especially plastic toughness, not as sensitive to brittleness as ferritic stainless steel.
2) Except for stress corrosion resistance, other local corrosion resistance is better than ferritic stainless steel.
3) Cold working process performance and cold forming performance are far better than ferritic stainless steel.
4) The welding performance is also much better than that of ferritic stainless steel. Generally, there is no need for preheating before welding and no heat treatment after welding.
5) The application range is wider than ferritic stainless steel. Compared with ferritic stainless steel, the disadvantages of duplex stainless steel are as follows: The content of alloying elements is high and the price is relatively high. Generally, ferrite does not contain nickel.