Hastelloy B Alloy has a wide range of applications in the fields of chemistry, petrochemicals, energy manufacturing and pollution control, especially in industries such as sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, phosphoric acid, and acetic acid.
Alloy and state
1. Control the minimum content of iron and chromium to prevent the formation of β-phase Ni4Mo.
2. Excellent corrosion resistance to reducing environment.
3. Excellent resistance to medium-concentration sulfuric acid and many non-oxidizing acids .
4. Very good resistance to chloride ion reduction stress corrosion cracking (SCC).
5. Excellent resistance to corrosion by various organic acids.
Hastelloy B has a face-centered cubic lattice structure. By controlling the content of iron and chromium to the minimum, the processing brittleness is reduced and the precipitation of Ni4Mo phase at 700-870°C is prevented.
The nickel-molybdenum alloy Hastelloy B has extremely low carbon and silicon content, which reduces the precipitation of carbon and other impurity phases in the welding heat-affected zone, so its welds also have sufficient corrosion resistance. Alloy Hastelloy B-2 has good corrosion resistance in reducing media, such as hydrochloric acid solutions of various temperatures and concentrations. It also has good corrosion resistance in a medium-concentration sulfuric acid solution (or contains a certain amount of chloride ions). It can also be used in acetic and phosphoric acid environments. Alloy materials have the best corrosion resistance only when they are in a suitable metallographic state and pure crystal structure.
Alloy Hastelloy B has a wide range of applications in the fields of chemistry, petrochemicals, energy manufacturing and pollution control, especially in industries such as sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, phosphoric acid, and acetic acid.